Welcome to the web page of the Forth International Conference on Inclusive Education under the banner of Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE) that is going to be held in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. ACIE is a joint initiative of some academics, scholars, practitioners and researchers of universities and professional bodies in the Asia-Pacific region. Its prime objective is to improve access to high quality education of disadvantaged children in Asian countries and beyond. The Secretarial of the Centre is currently based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Different universities, professional bodies and individual scholars of Asian region are the members of ACIE. The professionals working in other countries outside Asia (e.g Australia, Canada and the USA) who have interest in promoting inclusive education in this region are also associated with this centre.
The aim of the conference is to get an opportunity to share and disseminate ideas, research findings, academic and field-level experiences on Inclusive Education from different country experiences with a view to selecting implementation strategy of IE for achieving SDG 4.
ParticipantsThe Conference is open for academics, practitioners, researchers, students, parents, teachers, NGO-workers, public servants and policy-makers with an interest in promoting inclusive education either in the region or in the globe.
•Extended deadline for submission of abstract is
30 October 20 November, 2016 for foreign participants & 30 November, 2016 for local participants.
•Acceptance of the abstract will be notified by the
15 November 30 November, 2016 for foreign participants and 10 December, 2016 for local participants. The Scientific Committee keeps the right of selection of the paper either for scientific session or poster presentation.
•Participants interested to publish their paper must submit in full by
31 January 15 February, 2017. Selected articles will be published in an International Peer-reviewed journal titled Asian Journal of Inclusive Education (AJIE) after review.
•Plenary Presentation (Country Profile) &
•The abstract for the above presentations should be limited to 200 words only with title, objective, methodology and brief findings.
•Multimedia and laptop will be available during the presentations.
•A Scientific committee will review all abstracts and proposals submitted within deadline. Abstracts will be selected on the basis of their relevance to the conference theme, clarity and ability to address the breadth and scope of the conference. Selected authors will be notified after 30 November, 2016. The Scientific Committee will keep the right to decide presentation mode of each paper i.e., seminar or poster presentation.
•Submitted full paper will be selected for publication in an international standard journal titled Asian Journal of Inclusive Education after a double-blind peer review. for Journal details please visit www.ajie-bd.net
•Submit your abstract and fill out registration form available online. Please send your fee as well.
•Presenters have great opportunity of publishing their abstracts and full papers presented in either conference proceedings having ISBN or in an issue of a double-blind peer reviewed international journal (Asian Journal of Inclusive Education-AJIE.)
•Asian Journal of Inclusive Education (AJIE) is an international double-blind peer-reviewed journal published by Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE), Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Inclusive Education (AJIE) aims to offer a regional and international platform to conduct a multidisciplinary strategic dialogue on inclusive education for educationists, teachers, policy makers, researchers and other interested professionals. Articles can be of original empirical research, systematic literature review, book review as well as critical and exploratory essays based on theoretical analysis focusing issues related to inclusive education. Special emphasis will be given on papers addressing inclusive education in developing countries. For more information please visit the link AJIE web-site link
•Registration fee for foreign delegates is US$ 500.00 all inclusive (registration, 4-night accommodation, meals and transportation to conference sites) open until 30 December, 2016
•Registration fee for foreign international students is US$ 400.00 all inclusive (registration, 4-night accommodation, meals and transportation to conference sites) open until 30 December, 2016
•Registration fee for foreign delegates without accommodation and transport facilities is US $ 300.00 open until 30 December, 2016
•Registration for local participants is Tk. 5,000.00 until 30 December, 2016. Late registration is possible until 5 January, 2016 and the fee would be Tk. 6,000.00. Registration fee will include conference folder, tea, lunch, closing dinner and attendance in any post conference workshops.
•Registration fee for limited number of local students is Tk. 3000.00.
•Please send your fees to the following name and Bank Account as money transfer or you can pay cash on payment booth at University of Dhaka. (Please contact with Mr. Gobinda Ghosh for booth payment, Mobile number- +880-1515203950 ):
Account Name: Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE), Bangladesh Bank Name: National Bank Limited, Foreign Exchange Branch 19 RAJUK AVENUE TARANGA COMPLEX, Dhaka 1000 Account Type: Savings Account No: 1021000031490 Swift Code: NBLB BD DH 021
Chair of the Conference
Dr. Umesh Sharma,
Monash University, Australia
Dr. M. Tariq Ahsan,
IER, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Advisory Committee Members:
1) Professor M Nazmul Haq, IER, University of Dhaka (Chairperson, Advisory Committee)
2) Ms. Beatrice Kaldun, Head and Representative, UNESCO
3) Md. Shafiqul Islam, Country Director, ADD International Bangladesh
4) Shahnawaz Qureshi, Country Coordinator, CBM
5) Md. Murshid Aktar, Head of Education, Plan International, Bangladesh
6) Dr. Tim Loreman, Professor, Faculty of Education, Concordia University College of Alberta, Canada
7) Dr. Umesh Sharma, Associate Professor & Conference Chair, Monash University, Austarlia
8) Professor Dr. Sanjeev Sonawane, Head, Department of Education and Extension, SP Pune University, India
9) Farah Kabir, Country Director, ActionAid Bangladesh
10) Iqbal Hossain, Specialist, 2nd Chance Education, UNICEF Bangladesh
12) Abuzzoha Ahmed Noor, Vice Chairperson, ACIE
13) Dr. M Tariq Ahsan, Professor & Member Secretary, IER,DU & ACIE
14) Shaheen Anam, Ex Officio Member of Governing Board, MJF
15) Talat Mahmud, Director-Education Sector, Save the Children
16) Farida Yasmin, Executive Director, DRRA, Bangladesh
17) Col Shahidul Alam SGP, ED & Principal Proyash
Organizing Committee Members:
1) Associate Professor Dr. Umesh Sharma, (Chairperson ACIE Conference 2017), Monash University, Australia
2) Professor Dr. M. Tariq Ahsan, Member Secretary ACIE Conference 2017
3) Abuzzoha Ahmed Noor, Vice Chairman, ACIE
4) Ms. Shereen Akther, Programme Officer, UNESCO-Dhaka
5) Md. Mozammel Haque Neogi, Programme Officer, UNESCO-Dhaka
6) Nazrana Yesmin Hira, Program Co-ordinator, Manusher Jonno Foundation
7)Shazzad Khan, Program Co-ordinator, Manusher Jonno Foundation
8) Andreas Hermann, Coordinator Disability Inclusive Development, CBM
9)Sarwar E Alam, Manager, Advocacy Communication, CBM
10) Md. Moirul Islam, Specialist (Education) , Plan International Bangladesh
11) Sheikh Nishat Nazmi, Coordinator (Inclusive Education), Plan International Bangladesh
12) Asgar Ali Sabri , Director - Programme, Policy and Campaigns, ActionAid Bangladesh
13) Khairul Islam, Manager - RCB Project, ActionAid Bangladesh
14) Mr. Subodh Das, Representative, ADD
15) Ms. Eshita Tarafder , Representative, ADD
16) Md. Musle Uddin Bhuyian, Manager, Save the Children
17) Mohammad Kamal Hossain, Project Director- HOPE, Save the Children
18) Jamal Uddin, Program team leader, DRRA, Bangladesh
19) Ms. Rabya Neela, Project coordinator, DRRA, Bangladesh
20) Lt Col Shahzad Pervez Mohiuddin, PSC (Inclusive Education & Support Services)
21) Lt Col Kazi Mohammad Asik Reyadh, BSP of Proyash
22) Syed Md. Siam, Project Coordinator, ACIE, Bangladesh
23) Sefut E Shan, Research Coordinator, ACIE, Bangladesh
24) Uzma S. J. Muyeed, ACIE Representative
25) Rais Uddin Ahmed, ACIE Representative
26) Shamim Fahmi, ACIE Representative
27) Flora Sharifa Jahan, ACIE Representative
28) Kaiser E Alam, ACIE Representative
29) Md. Mahadia Hossain, Assistant Coordinator, ACIE, Bangladesh
Professor Dr. M. Tariq Ahsan, IER, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Professor Dr. Tim Loreman, Faculty of Education, Concordia University College of Alberta, Canada
Dr. Umesh Sharma, Monash University, Australia
Professor Dr. Sanjeev Sonawane, Head, Department of Education and Extension, SP Pune University, India
Professor M Nazmul Haq, IER, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dr. Nurul Aman, Senior Lecturer, University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA
Dr. M. Megha Uplane, Associate Professor, Department of Education and Extension, SP Pune University, Pune, India
Dr. A Q M Shafiul Azam, Consultant, PSO-PEDP-III, Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, Bangldesh
Dr. Md. Ahsan Habib, Associate Professor, IER, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dr. V.G. Jadhav, Assistant Professor, Department of Education and Extension, SP Pune University, Pune, India
Dr. Nisha Valvi, Department of Education and Extension, SP Pune University, India
Sefut E Shan, Research Coordinator, ACIE, Bangladesh
Sumaiya Khanam Chowdhury, Lecturer, IER, Jagannath University, Bangladesh
Syed Md. Siam, Project Coordinator, ACIE, Bangladesh