Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE) is established with prime objective of improving access to high quality education to disadvantaged children in Asian countries.The members of ACIE are academics, researchers, educators and development workers from countries such as Bangladesh, India, China, and Pakistan. The members are also professionals working in other countries outside Asia (e.g Australia, Canada and the USA) who have interest in promoting inclusive education in Asian countries.
• Undertaking collaborative research on issues related to inclusive education.
• Understanding unique challenges that Asian countries are facing in implementing
• inclusive policy initiatives.
• Exploring possible solutions of the challenges that would be applicable to Asian countries.
• Identifying and promoting successful inclusion models
• Networking, information sharing and advocacy on inclusive education.